- Code requires that a minimum of 2500 PSI concrete be used but we recommend and use a minimum of 3000 PSI with buckeye fiber.
- Always be sure that concrete is placed on properly compacted and graded ground. The only way that it is properly compacted is with a mechanical compactor i.e. vibra-plate, steel wheel, or wheel rolling.
- All flat-work i.e. driveway, patios, sidewalks, and pool decks should have proper drainage away from structures which is a minimum of 2%.
- All flat-work should have a minimum of 3.5" of thickness. Many times contractors save $$ by only placing 3" of concrete in flat-work. We recommend at least 3.5"-4" of concrete and thickened edges of 4.5"-12".
- All concrete cracks and to control this it is recommended that control joints be cut at least every 10' or less.